Let It Snow (2019) Movie Review

It Was Good, Until It Wasn't

                                                                                            image by Amazon.com, lnc.

"Let It Snow" with it's young,but promising cast is a teen comedy set in Christmas. First of all,the movie doesn't present more than the "teens in snowing Christmas,friendships in danger movies" we know before that one. Though actually, that's not the problem because in the end, I already didn't expect a miracle out of this title before watching it. It's already such a Christmas movie cliche, so I was pretty okay with the environment at the very beginning, which was -not surprisingly- close to my prediction. So, I can say that the movie started with no surprises whatsoever really. Which, as I mentioned, was not really a problem at the first look for me.

Yet still, the real deal breaker was the plot. The characters were nearly moving on automatically. Story is not expanding, the opposite actually, story is going less detailed and simpler as the movie goes, which could be okay in a Sherlock Holmes classic for example, but not really in a coming of age movie. Characters are growing apart from the story, nearly forcibly. The story had it's little secrets in the beginning, which I won't mention in this review since it's spoiler-free, but I can say that, as the movie goes on, nothing gets revealed about any of them, they just get pushed away to the closet. I can understand that this plot was designed to be all about characters, not the details, but it's just meaningless to develop a story if it's not gonna expand, or grow in any way.

Put all that aside, it's so hard not to connect with the roles, so I might add that I found the acting pretty acceptable, a cast I would love to see work together again. Also,the shooting is pretty solid. Soundtracks were pretty good, and I loved how they used them to connect all of the characters. Lighting is also alright really, gave me no hard time watching it.

To sum up, "Let It Snow" is a decent try, but not enough to be called unique. It's a cliche, and couldn't break the chain to go beyond that.It had a start that rocked, wish I could say the same about all of it. So yeah, it was good, until it wasn't.

Cinemortals Rating : 6/10
Reviewed By : Batuhan

Comments

Keep Reading

Upload, Season 1 (2020) TV Series Review

A Week Away [A Musical] (2021) Movie Review

The Secret: Dare To Dream (2020) Movie Review

Best Movies About Marcus Aurelius (A List)

CineMortals Is Back In Action!